Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

13 January 2013

My Phenomena

There is only one word that can describe my thoughts and feelings about what a relationship should be like. That word is phenomenon. The Oxford English Dictionary gives it three definitions. The first is a fact or situation that is observed to exist or happen, especially one whose cause or explanation is in question. The second deals with philosophy. It is the object of a person’s perception. The third definition is a remarkable person or thing.

My dear,

You are my phenomena. You are a remarkable person. I looked up remarkable too. The Oxford English Dictionary defines remarkable as worthy of attention or striking. you are most certainly worthy of my attention. You inspire me. You make me want to be better. When we first met, you struck me. I was struck by your beauty, inside and out. I was struck by your infectious smile, but I think most of all I was struck by the charitable spirit you exude. I believe you are especially remarkable.

This term was used in philosophy by Immanuel Kant. He contrasted it with the term noumena, essentially meaning something that is not available for observation. I have been very observant of you. Your cordial behaviors, your vibrant faith, and your zeal for life. Although I must admit, those things are hard to miss. You are a phenomena to me in this sense as well.

The first definition doesn't apply directly to you, but it does indirectly and this is how. I can't stop thinking about you. It is a fact that exists and it's cause is in question. If that's not enough, here is a situation that happens and it's explanation is in question right now. Why is it that whenever I consider dating any other girl I think, "I would much rather be with you."

You bring out the best in me and without you I feel lost. You, my dear phenomena.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly. :D