Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

04 December 2012

My Reasons

It's 1:05 am this morning and I am currently reading Body for Life by Bill Phillips. Once upon a time, I weighed 340 pounds and I needed to get my weight down to 296 so that I would be able to serve a full time mission for the church. It took a few months but I made the change. I actually used this blog back then to update who knows who on my progress.

I want to make the change again. The last couple days, as I've looked at pictures, even from within the last year I've thought, 'man, I used to be so much thinner and so much more attractive.' Not that I'm unattractive, lets be real ;) haha but seriously I'm like... What have I been doing?

I'd like to share this experience with anyone who is interested.

What are your reasons for making the decision to change?
1) My physical appearance has a great impact on my negative self perception
2) I will feel better for holding myself accountable to the knowledge I possess
3) I want to be able to dunk a basketball
4) I want to have a nice vert to be able to hit and block in volleyball
5) I'd like to be even sexier
6) I'd like to not feel limited or constrained from a physical activity
7) How will I inspire others if I can't make changes in my own life?
8) Other decisions in my life will be easier once I am in control of this aspect of my life
9) I want to set an example for my family
10) A lot of people think I'm cool, I want to think that I am really cool

What are the five most important specific accomplishments you need to make in the next 12 weeks for you to be pleased with the progress of your body and life?
1) I want dunk a basketball.
2) I want to get on a scale and cheer or cry from being overwhelmed with the change I made.
3) I want to motivate someone else to make a change their life.
4) I want to weigh less than 300 pounds.
5) I want to break dance.

I suppose this isn't important but i also want a girl to be attracted to me based solely on my appearance.

When people guess my weight, they usually range between 250 and 270. In reality, I currently weigh 328 pounds. Although I carry it well, I am definitely overweight. 270 is my ideal weight. The last time I weighed that much, I was probably in high school, at least five years ago, and I wasn't very in shape for that height weight ratio either.

So, please feel free to encourage me, I hope to be starting this again in the next few days.

Also, I included this drawing I did for tummy just for fun. :D

1 comment:

  1. My favorite reason is #10! That is my reason for doing hard things :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments family friendly. :D