Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

02 August 2012

My Bar

Some people go to a bar to drink away their problems, I simply visit the doctor. Anywhere with free refills will do, but they have to have Dr. Pepper. Most recently I did it at a Burger King. Can you order soft drinks at a bar? I've never been to one. Heck, I don't even know where any bars are.

With that experience, I can definitely see the value of a bartender. It's boring to sit around and get wasted on Dr. Pepper on your own at a Burger King. It would have been nice to have someone to talk to. I think I could be a bartender, listening to people's problems and giving them advice, or maybe that's just what they do on TV. I probably wouldn't be a good bartender though, because I know nothing about alcoholic beverages. Burger King also doesn't have loose women wandering around looking to hook up with you. That's a plus, unless that's the reason you go to a bar. I better find cooler places to hang out, because I don't want to have to say "We met at a Burger King." my whole life.

Actually I did see something really cute when I was there. This older couple was walking up to the door and the husband licked a coupon and stuck it to his wife's forehead. They saw me seeing them and I smiled. I'm tolts doing that to my wife when we're old.

Have you enjoyed the Olympics? They only come around every four years you know, and this year they make me crave volleyball. I mean REAL volleyball, not like the volleyball we played this morning for work. I was set zero times each game. I've only watched one event so far. I just follow the updates throughout the day on Twitter. Don't worry, there is still plenty of suspense. The nice thing is, I can just follow it all on my phone and it doesn't interrupt my work day.

What is your favorite part of the Olympics?  What is your "comfort drink?"  What do you do to relieve stress?