Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

13 August 2012

My Angry Bird

Her name tag read: Kim Sales Associate. I don't know how long she's worked at STAPLES on Sudley Manor Drive in Manassas, VA but if she wants to keep her job she better change something. She called me a liar. She called my dad a liar. She called men everywhere liars.

The following story is true. I type it with my own fingers and relate it to the best of my knowledge.

My mom needed some boxes so my dad and I went to STAPLES to pick some up for her. We found the boxes and proceeded to the check out area. On the way there I saw some Angry Birds flash drives. My dad greeted Kim pleasantly to we she responded, "All you men are liars."

Now, I don't want to lie to you, I don't remember the exact phrase that my dad said to Kim. At the time I was actually trying to think of a good Angry Birds flash drive joke. It was something along the lines of "Hello."

After the accusation my dad questioned, "What?" to which she replied, "Oh, I'm sorry, I meant boys, you boys are all liars."

Okay okay, I'll admit, I was pretty surprised. For one human being to interact with a stranger that way would be considered inconsiderate. What makes it worse was that we were speaking to an employee of the company. I guess her tag didn't say Kim Customer Service but I still expect to be treated with respect.

Well, my dad and I are pretty nice guys. We aren't upset. In fact as soon as we walked out of the store we were laughing. As we proceeded with our purchase my dad continued politely, deflected the insults and left it open for her to apologize. I even looked at my dad and said "Wow, and you're one of the most honest guys I know." "Still true," she retorted. She never let up.

If you're interested, it looks like Staples is still hiring.  So if you know anyone who is kind of mean and looking for a job, send them the link to this blog.

I feel so bad for this girl. I probably would have flirted with her if she hadn't been blatantly rude to us. I would say this was even worse than when I was kissed on the cheek by a guy who was trying to get fired from Burger Boys. I hope her bad attitude, whether it's just today or always, doesn't collide with some guys who actually are liars.

Leave your worst customer service experiences in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly. :D