Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

03 July 2012

My Summer Experience

So, this is definitely one of the hardest things I've done in my entire life. SALES. Let me think of a good acronym for that...

Some
Ants
Like
Everything
Stagnant

So they mind control people into not wanting pest control. So I'm going door to door everyday and meeting interesting people who may very well be ant zombies for all I know.

This is going to sound really cliche, so get over it... I'm learning new things everyday. I'm learning new things about myself, about the world and about life.

Okay okay okay. Heres what I'm learning. People don't have the skills to be successful in their lives. I read recently The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I've been able to identify how I can do better with my own behaviors and I've been able to recognize better the "bad habits" in others.

One obvious kind of thing is that we take the proactive approach to pest control.  Many people seem to think that this is ridiculous.  They want to wait until they have a problem to call an exterminator.  What is funny is that after they call someone out once, they end up on a contract for a year, and then they just keep it going.  People who are new to pest control get all worked up and freaked out just because they don't know how it works.

The other thing that is sad is that most people's pest control companies aren't doing very much but people are just satisfied, so they aren't motivated to change.

More and more I have felt like I possess the skills to be successful in life and to interact well with others.  Unfortunately I don't quite get this whole selling thing yet... hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly. :D