Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

17 March 2012

My Good Turn

As I was preparing to cross the street I saw a man taking a photo of a woman next to a BYU sign. Here is the sign:


As I crossed the street, the man handed the camera to the woman and posed by the sign to take his picture. I approached them and offered to take a picture of the two of them by the sign together.  They graciously accepted my offer.  I took two pictures of them and returned to them their camera.  I asked if they were visiting the area and they informed me that they were indeed visiting from the Philippines.  They were very nice and it was nice to hear their accent.  It has been a while since I've spoken with someone from the Philippines (I miss you Hervie!!!)

Anyway, lately I've been thinking about how cruel the world can be.  People tend to be pretty selfish these days.  Today as I performed that simple act of service, I realized that my life doesn't have to be that way.  I can  make a difference one day at a time.

As I thought of that photo that i took I felt filled with hope.  I know the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words, but in that moment, as I took that picture I had an impression that that picture might have a lasting effect. I don't know who will see that picture or if anyone will enjoy that picture. I just felt like that picture would be meaningful for them or for someone else somehow. I may never know but I know how I felt in that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments family friendly. :D