Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

23 March 2012

My Addiction

Drugs are expensive.
Sushi is expensive.
Therefore, sushi is a drug.

This is an invalid argument, but it doesn't change my opinion.

I've never been much of a seafood person.  I remember going on vacation with my family in New Jersey.  Every year when we did this, my mom and sister would always have a special seafood date.  I never cared for any of the food that they were eating.  Don't get me wrong, I love fish sticks.  Love love love fish sticks.  (It's like a chicken nugget but a different flavor!)  Also, I liked eating tunafish sandwiches... It took me a while to bring myself to try salmon.  When I did, I didn't really like it but now I do, I'm not sure when that change happened.

My first exposure to sushi was in California.  I was serving as a missionary in La Verne, California and was taken to a restaurant called Shogun.  I had my first spicy tuna roll there and I've never looked back.

I haven't had a lot of experience with sushi but from the experiences I have had, I love it.  I often crave it.

Lately I've been getting sushi at a place called Sushi Ya in Orem.  According to my knowledge, not a single person who works there is Japanese.  I'm certainly not complaining, everything on the sushi menu (well... almost everything) is very good.

These are my favorite rolls to get there:
(this is only off the lunch menu)
Spicy Tuna
Rainbow
Hybrid
New Orleans
Crystal Shrimp
49er's
Godzilla
Summer - my "dessert" sushi

And Nigiri:
Hamachi
Unagi
Upside Down Shrimp

There are honestly only a couple of rolls there that I didn't care for... but they were on the dinner menu anyway.  So, go with me sometime?  All You Can Eat Lunch is $13.95. :D

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you posted a whole entire blog post on sushi... Well... Actually I can. I miss this!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments family friendly. :D