Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

29 July 2011

Work Can Be Frustrating

Dear kid,
Please don't sing the spongebob squarepants theme song while I'm supposed to be preserving your life.

In my last blog post I shared a link to a discourse about moral discipline. Today at work I started to get really worried about our society. Can you really not obey the rules of a community pool? People seem to have no respect for anything. These kids are going to be monsters and the sad thing is it isn't only the kids. Many of the adults that come to the pool also need to grow up. I should probably move to Idaho or something.

Sometimes I don't think people at the pool realize that lifeguards here everything you say as hard as we try not to.

Today a co-worker found a pacifier in the pool skimmer. I wore it on my whistle all day. A lady asked me for a band-aid and made a comment about how people use pacifiers to do drugs. In that statement it seemed like she was implying that I did drugs. I told her where she could get a band-aid.

Last but not least: Dear co-workers,
After spending the whole day asking patrons to watch their language, I expect you to do the same. I hope that isn't to much to ask.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh. Sorry it was a bummer of a day. People will say the darn-est things. Teenagers think cursing is cool and are unable to express themselves well enough otherwise. Hang in there, it gets better.

    B. White.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments family friendly. :D